Temporary Charter was issued to Knifetown Post 1540 was issued on June 22, 1946. The permanent charter was issued to the Post on May 23, 1950. Then the Post was incorporated on November 7, 1951. A supplemental was issued on April 18, 1956. ---The Post 1540 name---Knifetown----emanated from the Camillus Cutlery Company which was located in the Village of Camillus, and noted worldwide for its production of top quality knives. ---Post 1540 had its own building in the Village of Camillus, but then sold it and moved its meeting site to the Elks Lodge on Newport Road.
More History of Post 1540 is coming soon. This page is currently under construction.