Membership eligibility in The American Legion is based on honorable service with the U.S. Armed Forces between:
- April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918
(World War I)
- December 7, 1941 and December 31, 1946
(World War II)
- June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955
- December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975
- August 24, 1982 and July 31, 1984
- December 20, 1989 and January 31, 1990
(Operation Just Cause – Panama)
- August 2, 1990 until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States*
(Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm)
*Because eligibility dates remain open, any member of the U.S. Armed Forces, currently on active duty is eligible to join The American Legion.
Interested in Membership?
We would love for you to join us !
Contact our Membership Officer
Bob Burns: AmericanLegionPost1540@gmail.com: